ABDOMINAL PAIN: PELVIC TILT - YOGA WITH POPPY

EDIT & WORDS: POPPY FIELD
PHOTOS: HARRY GADSBY
FEATURING:
T-SHIRT: JACK WILLS 1
LEGGINGS: M&S 12
SHOES: NIKE 1, 2
similar listed beside product - horses not included
Managing abdominal and period pains.

Hello again,
Thank you for popping back!
 A while ago I asked some of you, especially my chronic illness pals, if you would like to know about how I use yoga to fight certain pains without overexerting body and worsening its condition and the pain in general. I have a fabulous personal yoga teacher who teaches me just that - so it seems only right to share this sacred knowledge!
This pose is honestly my favourite pose, because I can do it in bed whilst watching Netflix.
It's that easy.

This is the Pelvic Tilt (or Rock), with the tiniest of movement, it works your flutes and back; as well as strengthens the sacroiliac joint and lower abdominal muscles. It tones your abdominal muscles and can help fight bad period pains. So it caters to everyone's needs.
As you may know I suffer from horrific daily abdominal pain (IBS) so this pose is very fitting for me.

Simply lie flat, on your back with your legs bent and your arms out at your sides.
Press your back into the floor using your stomach as you exhale.
Hold for 5 seconds. (Count slowly - 1 pussycat 2 pussycat..)
Whilst inhaling, tilt your pelvis until an arch in your lower back forms.
There should be space between the ground and your lower back.
Hold this again for 5 seconds before releasing.
Repeat as often as you can however I stick to about 10 repetitions. It is also incredibly relaxing and takes your mind off the pain.

                                

Do listen to to my yoga playlist so you too can chill out to all my favourite yoga jams - I love Rain and Venus Eyes! How can you not love the sound of rain?!
If you're new to yoga then this is a great starter pose so do give it a try, even if yoga looks scary. I triple dare you so neeerrr. 
I hope this was helpful in at least someway and I hope you enjoyed the picturesque view of the New Forest.
Do let me know if you'd like more of these!
You can find more about my conditions within my about me, disclaimer and health diary page.

Have a fantastic week and a I hope you had the happiest of Easters!



22 comments

  1. YES TO YOGA WITH POPPY! And yes to that playlist, and yes to those horses photobombing you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ekkkk IM SO EXCITED. I need to keep this yoga-ness going! I hope it helps you in some way beautiful :) and I'm glad you love the playlist! Aw who can resist New Forest Ponies though? Lots of love xxx

      Delete
  2. You know, I instinctively do this every morning before I get out of bed. I had no idea it was a yoga pose- awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I myself was so surprised at how often I've probably done it without realising! Keep at it, if it helps and now you can say you're a yoga pro :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Yes! love Yoga with Poppy! I love doing this exercise as well. I also love the horses in the background! woohoo!!

    Lennae xxx

    www.lennaesworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH IM SO GLAD YOU LOVE IT LENNAE! I hope it helps you, they're so easy aren't they :) the cuteness that are the new forest ponies, what beauties! Have a fabulous day lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to try this. I get horrific abdominal cramps and try to avoid pain killers, I hope this works. Either way, it looks super relaxing!

    Just found your blog, loving Yoga with Poppy. I look forward to more!

    Gem. x | slightgem.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by Gemma, I really hope it helps as that sounds so horrid! It's incredibly relaxing so that should help a little I hope :) do update me, as I suffer from something similar and I'd love to know if it works for others! Awww I appreciate you stopping by so much, I can't wait to stop by your blog! Yoga with poppy will definitely be a thing, who doesn't love shooting in gym wear!
      Have a lovely day sweet :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Love this post and I really wanted the horses to be included. Definitely gonna give this a go.
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for the non included ponies, I shall try my very best to include them in the next episode *insert cringey winky face* please do! I'd love to know how it goes :) all my love Beth xxx

      Delete
  6. Valuable information ..I am delighted to read this article..thank you for giving us this useful information.

    day care centers in brooklyn ny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information.

    weight loss diet patch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for always being the source that explains things instead of just putting an unjustified answer out there. I loved this post.
    10 day fast weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think most people would agree with your article. I am going to bookmark this web site so I can come back and read more articles. Keep up the good work!
    plexus success kit 2016

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely appreciate your blog. Excellent work!
    sciatic nerve pain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Valuable information in your blog and I really appreciate your work and keep it up dude I really very informative blog about the health.
    Halstead Essex

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very amazed by the information of this blog and I am glad I had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.




    Adventures

    ReplyDelete