The Guardian Changing Media Summit 2015 - Inside Sneak




 
EDIT, WORDS & PHOTOS: POPPY FIELD
-WITH SPECIAL THANKS TO THE GUARDIAN-
The Inside Sneak of The Guardian's Changing Media Summit '15 - Day 2.

Welcome back my fellow human and I do hope you're very well indeed

I was kindly invited by The Guardian (Special thanks to Ruth) to both days of The Guardian Changing Media Summit 2015 from the 18th-19th March.
 For those who don't know, this is The Guardian's main media event and oh my is it a big deal.
 After 10 years it has become a permanent date in all those big CEO's and those who work across traditional/non-traditional media platform's calendar. At the Summit the future of the digital world is analysed by professionals from every corner of the world, or using their 'crystal balls' as The Guardian puts it. 
This is down to a mixture of panel debates, a dash of fireside chats, a sprinkle of lightning presentations, a dollop immersive workshops and roundtables and a drop of headline themes - discussing such things as;

 - How are media companies adapting and profiting from ten years of digital disruption?

- What opportunities and risks does native advertising pose to publishers and brands?
- Has new technology changed the fundamentals of marketing?
- How can companies manage the collision between data, consumer trust and privacy?
- Total retail: how are leading brands merging the online/offline shopping experiences?
- What does the future of media agencies look like?
- In a digital age, can traditional TV broadcasters survive?
*above taken from here* 

As you can imagine, these are all relevant and incredibly valid things to discuss and a lot of panels were full of very passionate and opinionated speakers.
This individuals included;
Eric Berger, executive vice president of digital networks - Sony Pictures 
Gary Bramall, CMO - Hailo
Lisa Bridgett, director, global sales & marketing -  Net-A-Porter
Michael Brunt, CMO and managing director, global circulation - The Economist
Blake Cahill, global head of digital and social marketing - Philips
Emma Carr, director - Big Brother Watch
Jon Cohen, vice president, survey research - SurveyMonkey
beauty and fashion vlogger - Fleur De Force
An Lewis, director of Sky movies and acquisitions - Sky
Huw Samuel - Vine Star
Roberta Lucca, co-founder and CEO - WonderLuk
*see more here*
As I was only able to attend Day 2, I didn't have the pleasure of hearing from all the speakers listed above. Yes, a part of me died inside when I missed Fleur's talk.
However I did not miss out one bit.
I enjoyed the lightening presentation from Roberta Lucca, CEO of WonderLuk
This is a London-based brand changing the world of fashion and technology. WonderLuk.com is a pioneering online marketplace where design enthusiasts can buy individualised 3D printed jewellery and accessories. 3D PRINTED. I can hear all fashion bloggers around the world, especially mesquealing with excitement. I am so in love with their accessories and style.
I'm sure we're going to be seeing big things from Roberta.

I also laughed and learned whilst listening to Mimi for LadBible.com, did you know that it's the 12th most visited site?! They receive 4 likes per second, wrap your head around that one!
Survey Monkey also gave a very detailed and helpful talk. A very intuitive concept for businesses. Plus I received a packet of those tiny little banana sweets that used to be one of my favourite things as a child! Anyone remember them?
I was greatly inspired by a panel debate on the future of agencies.
 I loved the quote "learn, earn, serve" but what really got my attention was their definition on creativity.
Creativity - "The ability to adapt to a problem and at the end be thinking in a radically different and fundamental way" This was worded by a very wise member of the panel and will stick with me for years to come.
Taboola brought along with them a Zoltar Machine, and if you follow me on instagram, you know I was a big fan of! Would anyone like to see my fortune?!

A photo posted by Poppy🌿Southampton UK (@p0ppyfield) on
I also had the pleasure of meeting fellow blogger Jodie who is over at alajode.com and the brains behind The Click, the-click.co.uk. It's simply a must read for tips and tricks!



Although I was only present for a day, I had an absolutely refreshing and motivational time whilst there. 
At times, I did feel out of my league, but in a good way, it kept me on my toes. I was surrounded by the huge people in businesses who know all the ins and outs, and there I was, a small 18 year old blogger from the New Forest. 
I didn't expect to be taken seriously but I was. I was welcomed and mingled.
 I was invited for being genuinely interested in attending rather than how big of a social media entourage I had behind me.
 I think this really represents the change in media, how open minded and accepting it is becoming.  It's changing.

Would you fancy attending The Guardian's yearly Summit? Are you aware of or love any of the speakers listed? I'd love to know if any of you are interested. I was probably the youngest at the event so if you're my age and intrigued I'd love to know!

Stalk my Health Diary here or click on the Health Updates tab if you have a free minute. 
Thank you for letting me fill your noggin up with my words,


Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 13.02.19
Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 15.31.05Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 15.30.49




6 comments

  1. This looks amazing! The Lad Bible is slowly taking over the world, it's all I ever see on my FB feed!

    www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so interesting! when you're mostly tucked up in bed 24/7 it's just so incredibly inspiring to see the big people at work - ya feel Haylzzz? YES! It's so annoying but we all secretly like it, it's like a hilarious tumblr page hahaha
      All my love to you!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. This looks so so interesting, those Lad Bible stats are mental! Looks like you had a great time ( though I would cry a little at missing fleurs talk too!)
    Hope you're having a great easter week,
    Bethany x

    bethanygraceo.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have loved it! Oh my gosh it's crazy, they're up there with google/twitter etc! mad. I really really did, although I think I would have fangirled so much and embarrassed myself if I had seen Fleur... I have a reputation to uphold hahaha!
      I hope you had the happiest of Easters my little darling, keep being a fantastic little munchkin!
      All my love xxx

      Delete