Dettol Baby Blanket Donation w/ Rachel Stevens | Charity

Hello my lovelies!

I do hope you're dandy and it's nice to see you again.
Today I wanted to quickly share with you something that I think is quite important to spread word about.
Dettol have teamed up with a huge childhood woman crush of mine, Rachel Stevens to help babies in need. (Yes the Rachel Stevens from SClub)
Babies are ridiculosuly vulnerable to every bad bug and rely on others to care for them constantly. 
Sadly, not all babies are lucky enough to have that care and support.
Enter Dettol's new campaign aimed at raising awareness of the dangers of bacteria on baby blankets. This is something I've never even stopped to think about. Think of the amount of bacteria we have on our bed linen, let alone a baby's!
'Baby blankets symbolise a very special time in both a mother and child’s life, holding many precious memories of the early days of life. However, many babies across the world will never get the chance to experience even the simple comfort that a warm, hygienically clean blanket brings.'
Within this they are also highlighting the shortage of baby blankets available to infants born to families in need by asking for you to donate any baby blankets you no longer need. I love how this targets two problems within one campaign.
‘keep the memories, not the bacteria’
For every blanket collected, £1 will be donated to Sparks, (click here) a fantastic charity (Sparks funds life-saving research to find preventions, treatments and cures for childhood illness.). 
They have teamed up with Dettol to ensure that more children across the UK and around the world are born healthy and stay healthy to help to improve children’s health in the UK.
 Once collected, Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser will ditch the bacteria by ensuring the baby blankets are hygienically washed before being re-distributed to families in need. Dettol has also pledged to donate £1 to Sparks for every blanket collected to raise much needed funds for UK families who are affected by childhood illness or disability up to 5,000 blankets.
This is such an amazing opportunity to improve a baby's life with very little effort and no costs involved! Like many of us, I would be sending my childhood blankey, but I am simply too attached to it. However I am going out of my way to make sure that this charity gets at least one blankey from me either way! 
Send those good vibes into the world.
Share on Facebook with Dettol’s Mission for Health https://www.facebook.com/missionforhealth?fref=ts your special baby blanket memories and photographs.  Or tweet @DettolBlanket remembering to include the hash tag #sharethememories #IvedonatedwithDettol
I'd love to see your beloved blankets if you still have them around, I shall be uploading a selfie with mine on my twitter (@p0ppyfield) tomorrow so do @ me with a selfie of your's!
If this campaign doesn't make you want to wash all your sheets after reading it, I don't know what will. *shoves sheets in washing machine*
Find out why by reading my current up to date Health Diary here or click on the Health Updates tab. 
Feel free to share any thoughts on absolutely anything!

Thank you for letting me fill your noggin up with my words,


Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 13.02.19
Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 15.31.05Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 15.30.49
*SP post. All opinions are my own and how can I not support this charity?! See more info on post in Disclaimer*



No comments