January Beach Blues | The Coat & Skirt OOTD



Hello you lovely lot,

We did it. We survived the never-ending dullness that is January! 
We made it out the other end with probably too much comfort chocolate in our bellies and too much retail therapy thanks to those amazing but dreadfully addictive sales.
I think you should definitely award yourself with more retail therapy, perhaps my go-to look this month may inspire you. (I apologise in advance for being such a bad influence on your bank account.)
This look is incredibly different to my usual floaty midi skirt and ridiculous OTT style, and it may indeed look like I've somewhat turned my style down a notch.
I'm aware that for some this maybe far from an everyday look and more a formal look.
If that is the case, I want to show you how easy it is to simply stick a skirt (any skirt, but skaters and minis are the easiest to style) over a pair of leggings to jazz up your day-to-day winter style. The great thing about leggings is that they can keep you so warm, so much so that I've bunned the tights this winter. New Look's tights are the bomb.
 Pair it with a white or black shirt and you're ready to go. Perfect.
I think everyday fashion sometimes runs the risk of becoming boring in the winter months but a dash of colour can change everything.
Life is beautiful - dress accordingly.

I have a controversial secret which I know many will probably disagree with. Ready for it: I'm not a fan of wearing black. The shock, the horror.As much as I love this current monochrome trend, I personally think that white rules over black.It's fresh, crisp and if worn well can make you look brighter and alive; and for someone who runs on only half an engine, looking alive is crucial!My other favourite and go to colour this season is cobalt blue, so this outfit has it all for me.
Colour is so important on grey days like this one.

Would you believe that I bought this for £5 (Free P&P) during LA's SS14 sale?! Crazy. I love the tiny zip and asymmetrical/waist white detail. Such a simple yet unique design.
I've been waiting to show you guys my beautiful coat for a while now as I absolutely adore it.
My coat is from Michael Kors, it has beautiful gold zips and buttons which look amazing with the black, making the gold pop.
I am a sucker for black and gold, therefore a sucker for my coat. 
Unfortunately my coat is no longer available as I was gifted it back in November, I'm unsure if it's still around and where to find it; however I have found a similar MK (no.1) and a vast selection of black and gold jackets. Mhmm beautiful. 


1. Michael Kors - Asymmetric Hooded Belted Jacket, £76 2. Via Spiga - Active Anorak w/ Hood Gold Hardware, £68 3. Cini - Zipped Cape Coat, £455 4. Moschino - Chain Trimmed Coat, £1796
1. Moschino (Vintage) - Black & Gold Sequin Blazer, £590 2. Rag & Bone - Silver Tuxedo Metallic Jacquared Trimmed Blazer, £198 3. House of Fraser - Trevano Jacket, £44
The black and gold combo completely matches my boots, which I won't really focus on today, however you can find where I recently featured them here.
My white tee is simply from H&M, you can find it here.
I am wearing bare minimal make up, the only product of significance is my lip colour, Nars - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella. I am so in love with lip pencils and Nars just continues to wow me with them!

I had a wonderful day at the beach and I'm so glad that you finally got to come along with me.
I hope you enjoyed this piece, I'd love to know any thoughts you have on it so do get in touch! Feedback means the absolute world.
What's your favourite item? Are you loving the skirt, the coat or both?!

Photography: Sonor Filmography.






Thank you for stopping by you beautiful human and thank you for letting me fill your noggin up with my words. 
See you on Tuesday!




Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 13.02.19
Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 15.31.05Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 15.30.49



Remember to stop by on Tuesday lovely! I can't wait to cya

3 comments

  1. you look so much like Cara -- especially that last pic

    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my what a compliment! Thank you so much you lovely thing, I don't think I'll ever live up to that beauty.
      Thank you for stopping by,
      All my love xxx

      Delete
  2. Too hot to handle! Beautiful photos Poppy :)

    ReplyDelete