To My Charly

Dear my wonderfully marvelous lil cherub (aka Charlotte),



Yes this is a post dedicated to you, stop blushing.

I thought I'd write this in note form in your birthday card; but then I realised that my blog is probably going to see me grow and change for hopefully, a long time, and despite all that, I know one thing that won't change is our friendship. I know that I'll be able to look at this in years to come, not sigh and wish we were still friends; and I think that's incredibly special and worth cherishing.

The truth is, we aren't exactly the closest of friends, we're not like most girls who share everything together, we don't text 24/7, in fact we can go weeks without communication.

But honestly I think this is the best thing we've ever done.

By doing this we have created such a beautiful relationship, in which our company is so relaxed and absolutely free in every way. We literally don't care, obviously we care about each other, but you get what I mean.

I feel like in the last year I haven't given you enough appreciation, for certain reasons which I know you understand, and I want to use this day (and everyday then on obvs) to prove that you mean the absolute world to me in the least cringe worthy way.

You deserve a life full of crazy amounts of happiness, and I think it's pretty cool that I'm going to stick by you to see all those amazing things happen.

You're also the only friend who has actually seen everything happen to me in the last 5 years and not went adios. There's been too many people who have mistreated me, and I've learnt to use you as a model when choosing the people I interact with now. I couldn't think of a better model.

 I mean, you've seen me throw many-a hissy fit, so I think you kind of have to be my friend for life now. You've seen far too many embarrassing things.

You're also one of the reasons I moved to your hell hole of a school, so guess I meeting Harry is your fault.

SO yeah, thank you for being a huge influence on my life and putting up with my shit. Despite you never having much shit, you know I'll quite happily always put up with yours.

I feel like I'm writing a 2014 version of a twitlonger, this is weird.

I just know you're going to do so well in life and whatever you decide to do next year I wish you all the luck in the world.

Now go listen to 1996 and Birthday all day, okay?

All my love C and have a fantastic day,


This picture and the hosepipe still feels so wrong









4 comments