Pick Me Up - 6 (feat. Results Day)

I'm getting into a bad habit of posting these at 1am on Thursdays, I mean that's only an hour out that's not tooooo bad right???
Words can't even begin to describe how hectic my summer has been. I genuinely thought I'd have more time to blog, but boy was I wrong.
Oh well, Hump Day Pick Me Up.
I personally prefer it, but it will always have its roots in the meaning of a good ol' Hump Day.

Gosh that sounds emotional.

I visited a groovy cafe in my nearby town (with an old friend who was visiting from Germany) which had quotes plastered allllllll over the walls. Ceiling to floor with quotes after quotes. I thought to myself "well Hump Day Pick Me Up is pretty much sorted this week". Totes inspirational.

But no, I thought I'd direct my quote this week towards those, who like me, are receiving their dreaded exam results soon (tomorrow).

"Note to self: every time you were convinced you couldn't go on, you did."

I think this incredibly important for those who receive the exam results that they didn't particularly want. I know that I'm not going to get the grades of ABB which were predicted for my ALevels in 2012. For starters, I'm only receiving 2 grades as I'm completing my other ALevel next year.
Last year, for my AS results I received CCC (I dropped an AS due to health). However when I first opened the letter I received an E for one subject. Luckily this was because, mentioning no names *cough OCR cough*, forgot to mark an entire paper I took (one in which I got a B in apparently, whilst with shingles/chronic illnesses *hair flick*).
Before you panic when you see a mark you did not expect please please always see if you can get it remarked before you jump to conclusions. Just a tip from me to you. I had many sleepless teary eyed nights before I realised I could get it remarked. I do all hope you get the grades you need, however if not please remember that it's not the end of the world. I have a flare for the dramatic, but when it comes to getting a bad result I tend to have a mental breakdown there and then. I'm praying I handle my failure tomorrow better but let's just say I don't handle bad results too well; to the point where I think it's the end of me, earth, the human race and the universe all together. It engulfs me, and if you are like me, I wish to remind you (with the help of that quote) that life continues. Despite a disappointing mark. 
You're going to be okay, your life will move on, good things will still come to you even if you get a U.
Smile, take it with a pinch of salt, be aware of your back up plans and carry on.

Unfortunately I can't link a song as I'm on my phone (nor a video for that matter! Will do later) but I've chosen the classic, All The Small Things - Blink 182. Purely because I think that this song will be needed by a lot of fellow students to either celebrate to or try cheer up. It works both ways.

Thanks for tuning in sunshines, you'll hear more from me soon.
I hope you're all well,

Poppy x

1 comment

  1. Being too busy to blog is a good thing! That cafe looks so great, I love finding cool and quirky cafes. All the small things by Blink 182 is one of my favourite songs, it can't fail whatever mood you're in!

    <3 Hayley-Eszti

    ReplyDelete